West Michigan Academy of Environmental Science’s Entrepreneurship Program aims to foster creativity and the entrepreneurial spirit within the school environment. Students selected for this program have the opportunity to solve a problem in the environmental product life cycle by creating a sustainable business venture. As the culmination project for the Entrepreneurial Program, students participate in the Make A Pitch contest. The winner of this contest will receive a $1,000 award to be used for post high school studies.
- Students learn from local business owners through field trips, case studies, and a mentoring experience
- Students innovate new products by using materials typically wasted in the environmental product life cycle
- Students produce a business plan with detailed financial, marketing, and research data
- Students acquire the skills to pilot their own entrepreneurial venture
- Student learning is achieved through hands on and experiential learning practices