Administrators and staff of West Michigan Academy pride themselves on the strong relationship between current parents and students. See the graphs below that reflect parents’ feedback on their experiences at West Michigan Academy in a survey that was taken in fall 2009.
There were several areas of the survey submitted that received unanimous responses from parents. Topics included:
- The Academy is a safe environment for my child
- The school is a friendly place
- The school is welcoming to parents
- Communication with teacher’s is easy
- The rules and behavioral expectations are known
- My child is treated fairly in disciplinary action
- Parents are informed about how their child is doing
- Teachers expect every child to learn
In addition, below are some results from the rest of the survey fall 2009 survey.
My child is challenged by his or her school work this year.
Students at this school show respect for each other.
I like the way the building and grounds look.
I feel my child is safe at school.
I feel that my child’s belongings left at school are safe.
I’m satisfied with the administration of the school.
Teachers give my child individual help when he or she needs it.
I’m satisfied with my child’s overall academic progress at this school.
I’m satisfied with my child’s progress in reading and language arts.
I’m satisfied with my child’s progress in mathematics.
I’m satisfied with my child’s progress in science.
I’m satisfied with my childs progress in social studies.
I have a child in the following grades.
I am a member of the parent organization.
I use the schools childcare services.
I am interested in volunteering at the school.